Friday, March 2, 2012

11 days and counting ---

It's really beginning to feel real.  I guess that's because we put 2 vehicles on a trailer to be delivered to 2 of our sons in Florida today.   That way we don't have to put anything in storage.  Next Thursday we go to Carmax to see if they will give me what I want for my car.  :0(  I'm going to miss that car, but no sense letting it sit for 6 months.  We will see about finding a small, inexpensive car in AK and may haul it back if it's worth it.  We'll have to wait and see.

All that's left to pack are the everyday things we are using.  So the last day will be somewhat hectic, but the day we leave won't be a rush as we are giving ourselves plenty of time to get there.  We are planning on trying to drive about 500 miles a day, but also will stop if need be or if something really fantastic comes along. 

I never did get back to packing, but it's sort of been whatever we aren't using at the moment, extra grocery supplies, books, maps.  We have taken out most of our winter clothes since it really hasn't gotten that cold here.  We have also gotten bikes and can't wait to try them out. 

Come back soon and I'll let you know how it's going.  In the meantime, if you have any questions, just ask!


Peace, 


Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment