Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Waiting and waiting ...

Well, the entry of the house is being overloaded with things that need to go into the RV, but we just can't seem to catch our "guest".  Pretty sneaky critter, set one trap but managed to avoid getting caught.
So we wait.

I have continued to gather things that we have stocked up on and get them ready to take out.  I am also still putting things into storage.  I really don't want to have much to clean when we return.  We are hoping that seasonal work will be what we do from now on and plan to look for winter seasonal work before we leave Alaska.  Any good suggestions out there?

I've also been reading up on the area.  So far I've finished Two Old Women, written by a native Alaskan as told to her by her mother.  Oh no, I think we're gonna die (not sure if that is exactly right, but you get the idea ) written by an Anchorage attorney about his adventures over the years.  I have packed these away or loaned them out and don't recall the authors names, but once I can find them I will let you know.  Also finished Touching the Ancient One by Rupert Pratt.  Very good book about the crash of an Air Force plane in the Talkeetna mountains written by one of the survivors.  Just finished Alaska - Not for a Woman by Mary Carey, who was not only a teacher, journalist and photographer, but also the moving force behind The Parks Highway.  Next on my list is One Man's Wilderness by Sam Keith from the journals and photos of Richard Proenneke.  Also The Mystery of the Cache Creek Murders if I can find where I put it.

In the meantime, I will continue searching for the books I've misplaced, collecting things that will make the trip with us and counting the days.   So, until we meet again ...


Peace,   Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment